.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

They'll all fall

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Reading Faster

I'll just have to admit it: I stole from Brian again.


Here's an automated system for reading faster. It takes 7 minutes to run. (From InfMind).

My speed went from 507 words per minute to to 671 words per minute after only running this exercise once. The downside: I've been able measure how long I've been reading easily (100 pages to an hour, pretty exactly.) Now I have to up my mental arithmetic to keep up :-/

3 Comments:

  • you read about 3 times as fast as me.

    this sucks, haha

    By Blogger Lifestyle With BG, at 7:53 PM  

  • Exercise reading speed regularly and you may yet beat me :-)

    By Blogger Eek, at 4:44 PM  

  • Mine was 649 before the demo for subvocalized reading, 1003 for nonvocalized reading, 2006 for skimming. The regular speed increased to 698 after the demo. Diminishing returns, it seems. -MB/Bergen-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home