.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

They'll all fall

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tyler Durden's Pop Quiz

Out reading other blogs, I found a reference to Tyler's pop quiz, and I just had to take it.

Here's the archived and active thread.

Quoting:


1) You are talking to three girls at a table. You like the one furthest in. They like you, but the girl you want probably wouldn't jump out from her seat to talk to you yet. How do you get her to come talk to you?

2) You're talking to a group of girls, and they are all in love with you. If you ask one for her phone number the others might get upset. What do you do?

3) You are gaming a 2set with a wing. Your girl wants to venue change with you, but your wing's girl does not. What do you do?

4) You're gaming a group of girls, and one of the girls gets upset. Really upset. She won't calm down, and her friends want to leave. What do you do?

5) You're gaming a girl and she's attracted. You're about a minute and a half in, and her friend is freaking out because her mom has arrived to pick them both up. She's leaving with her friend, and you want her phone number but know its too early and it will be a weak close. What do you do?


Interesting scenarios. I've not yet peeked at the other answers - I'll start by doing my own. I suggest you start by doing your own, too, before you peek at any answers. (All of these are targetted influence towards a seduction situation with the implied goal of getting laid, standard fast seduction style. It's slightly off my goal of finding a permanent partner, but good mind exercise nevertheless :)

1. Focus attention on the other girls, make them have a good time, body language away from the "target", keep her inside the conversation but only just, like you're doing it only to be polite. Only show interest in her as she actually shows she is interesting, rather than presuming she is based on just looks. If she doesn't quickly come out to talk to you, take away your attention/interest again.

2. "Hey, you guys are cool. We have to hang out some day. But you're too many. I need one of you to be my contact point. I'll take the number of (look back and forth several times, like I can't decide) YOU!" (lock gaze at one). (slight pause) (to the others, in a kidding tone) Is she trustworthy?"

3. Suggest a short-term venue change ("We'll go check out XYZ and meet you again later"), then coordinate by phone afterwards.

4. (Assuming she's not upset at me - I've never had a girl end up really upset with me, just with others or the world in general) Tell the friends that I'll take care of it, isolate the upset girl, talk her down - I can always talk an upset girl down (and almost always an upset guy). Depending on her frame of mind, there are several outcomes.

One is that I spent several hours talking with her and helping her fix her immediate emotional problems, setting her up for handling the problems further on, either by contact with me or with another counsellor. Then I either send her home or we rejoin the group (I've had this type of thing include rejoining and splitting from the group several times, too - going into the group lessens the tension, then re-isolating allows further therapy work.)

Another is that it's just a short term thing, I spend five minutes with her, and we rejoin the group.

If the issues are not fixable now, she'll have to venue change, probably going home to sleep. There's three options: Either I get her to pick the friend she wants to go with, and I tell that friend that HBUpset needs her, or HBUpset wants to go home alone (and I help get her a taxi), or HBUpset wants to have me along to help her. (The latter means I've got an ethics problem at my hands, as I've started counselling her and she'll most likely want to sleep with me. Icky.)

I've also had a wing take an overall upset girl off my hands, but that's happened only once. Normally, I just take care of them.

A sidenote is that dealing with an emotionally upset girl and returning her to her group as a happy person is a tremendous DHV (display higher value). It will make all the girls in the group interested in you. Really interested in you.

5. (For the sake of discussion, I'll pretend I'm interested in the age bracket of girls that has mothers come pick 'em up.)

If the attraction is really high, the following should work: Give her a good bye hug. Hold. Move over, give a quick kiss on the lips. If she goes french, you're in, if not, pull her towards you in another hug and comment something to her ("It's been nice meeting you, too bad it's so short"), move out to do another kiss on the lips - if your body language/attraction is right, this on should go to a tounge kiss. Then try to game off that, either just using it as social proof in the situation you are in, or go something like "We're going much too fast. Quick, give me your phone number, and we'll keep from calling each other for hours and hours, giving this relationship time to settle down and go at a decent pace."


NOTE: The above is hypothetical. I do not get 1.5 minute attraction spikes; attraction towards me increase with time/comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home